Slimming down default install?

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Sat Dec 4 16:50:58 CST 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 09:55:08PM +0000, Martin Alderson wrote:
> 1) It'd be better to keep ubuntu on one CD - that way people are much
> more likely to download, burn and install it, and pass it to friends
> as they don't have to do multiple cds which is much more time
> consuming and means you can't just install and leave it - you have to
> check that the right CD is in.

We have no intention of making Ubuntu require multiple CDs. We may start
doing a DVD with all of main or something like that, but the single CD
will remain an option. If we start to hit size limits, then we'll just
have to work out what to leave out.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]