Proposed panel menu structure for hoary

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Fri Dec 3 15:27:00 CST 2004

<quote who="Jerry Haltom">

> Our company would very much like to add enforced entries into the gtk
> bookmarks for common office shares. We do this in windows by "deploying"
> drive letters. Pretty easy stuff.
>
> Doing it for every user is possible, but a bit hard to maintain. Takes
> manual editing of the .gtk-bookmarks file for every user. Something in
> /etc would be nice.

That'd give you vfolder problems; but if it were somehow handled in GConf,
you could set a GConf default and let users change it (or not). That doesn't
currently exist, though.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

     "If I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space." - Neil
                          Finn, Try Whistling This