gnome-user-share (apache) and open ports

Thom May thom at canonical.com
Fri Dec 3 11:39:33 CST 2004

* Jorge Bernal Koke (koke at sindominio.net) wrote :
> I'm not sure if that could save some memory but having apache running
> just for sharing some files...

apache for g-u-s just loads the dav module, so that's no drama at all.
> Is there any lightweight webdav server? What does OSX use for sharing?

apache.

Don't see why you want a new package just for an init script - that seems a
little over the top. If we go down the road of using g-u-s, apache2 for
hoary would be changed to just listen on localhost by default; or could be
disabled from launching altogether which is trivial, then g-u-s
would launch a second config.
Cheers,
-Thom