Gnome network tools - Devices

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Dec 1 03:02:33 CST 2004

<quote who="Eric Feliksik">

> I like the gnome "network devices" thing ("applications/system
> tools/network tools", tab "devices". However the first thing that can be
> seen in the dropdown menu is the loopback interface. I think a loopback
> interface is a bit of a weird thing and more people will want to use the
> "Ethernet Interface".
>
> I think it should be the first thing to see.
>
> This is such a tiny little thing to be whining about that I'm not going to
> defend the proposal if there is only the slightest reason te keep the
> program the way it is.

It should probably show the default route interface by default. This is a
good bug for upstream - see if it's not already in bugzilla.gnome.org. You
could send a patch. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
    it as good as the Macintosh. To try to be like Windows is to try for
                      second-best." - Richard Stallman