tomcat9 on jammy: missing ufw service definition file

Mauricio Faria de Oliveira mfo at canonical.com
Mon Jun 26 21:14:20 UTC 2023

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 5:10 PM Mauricio Faria de Oliveira
<mfo at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 1:33 PM Sebastian Kayser <skayser at tutanota.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys.
> >
> > I am running jammy and just installed tomcat9. I noticed that the package ships no ufw service definition as other services do (e.g. apache2, postfix). Where can I file this as a feature request?
>
> You can report a bug on the tomcat9 package [1], with Importance set
> to Wishlist.
> If the upstream project ships similar configuration files for other
> firewalls/distributions, you may want to submit it there first/too.
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tomcat9

By the way, if you upload a .patch file to the bug, it should get
~ubuntu-sponsors automatically subscribed to the bug, and show up here
[2] then be reviewed within some time; you may also ask for
help/guidance in #ubuntu-devel in libera.chat

[2] http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/general.html

Thanks for your interest in contributing to Ubuntu.
Hope this helps!

--
Mauricio Faria de Oliveira