Fwd: process for proposing package in universe be added to ESM apps for Ubuntu Pro

Mauricio Faria de Oliveira mfo at canonical.com
Mon Jun 26 19:56:38 UTC 2023

Hi Doug,

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 4:03 PM Doug Baggett <doug.baggett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Is there a process for proposing a package that is currently in universe be added to ESM apps for support with Ubuntu Pro?

Thanks for the question about Ubuntu Pro!

Could you please post this question in the 'Ubuntu Pro' category in
Ubuntu Discourse [1]?
Our product manager for Ubuntu Pro is active there, and I can make
sure to let him know (internally) about your post.

By the way, in that post, it would be helpful if you could clarify
whether by "support" you're more specifically looking for either
security maintenance or technical support (see [1] for a good read on
that), or actually both.

cheers,
Mauricio

[1] https://discourse.ubuntu.com/c/ubuntu-pro
[2] https://ubuntu.com/blog/security-maintenance-vs-support-whats-the-difference

> I'd like to propose adding timeshift. It's become almost indispensable to me (and many others). I checked policy and it's not currently covered.
>
> thanks!

Mauricio Faria de Oliveira