Sqitch package to update

Athos Ribeiro athos.ribeiro at canonical.com
Sun Jun 4 13:16:49 UTC 2023

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 11:42:49AM +0300, Igor Kuzenkov wrote:
>Hello Ubuntu Team!

Hi Igor,

>Just curious if you can update Sqitch package to the latest version *1.3.1*?
>Currently *1.2.1-1* is available to get and install.

sqitch is in 1.3.1 in lunar (23.04) and in the current development
release (mantic).
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sqitch

In jammy, we ship version 1.2.1-1, as you reported.

We usually refrain from providing new package versions in stable Ubuntu
releases. You can find more about that in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates.

However, if you are experiencing any issues with the package, please
file a bug in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sqitch. The
process described above is also how we usually provide bug fixes for
issues in packages shipped in stable releases.

>In particular I am talking about Sqitch package I found in this archive -
>http://azure.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/jammy/universe/binary-amd64/Packages.gz
>(search by 'sqitch', it's in line #1235797).
>
>Thank you!
>

>Regards
>----
>Igor