Ubuntu LTS20.04 - wireguard package

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:34:39 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 8:36 AM Dan Streetman <ddstreet at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Fedora has a 6 month release cycle. Each version you are on has the
> > latest releases of its packages and gets full updates. And in 6 months
> > you move onto the next stable version. At the 6 month release in the
> > life cycle, you simply run dnf-system-upgrade [1] and you are on the
> > next version of Fedora. dnf-system-upgrade is a lot like a Ubuntu
> > dist-upgrade.
>
> Just to clarify, what you are describing about Fedora is EXACTLY the
> same for Ubuntu...6 month release cycle, latest packages in each
> release, full updates (for at least 9 months), upgrade with a single
> command at each 6 month release. The 'dnf-system-upgrade' sounds more
> like the 'do-release-upgrade' command, not 'apt dist-upgrade' (though
> both are similar).

Yes, you're right. do-release-upgrade looks like the similar command.

Do you know if do-release-upgrade will move from one LTS version to
another? I usually select Ubuntu LTS when I want long term stability,
like over 3 or 5 years. In fact, my main desktop machine is Ubuntu
18.04 LTS.

Fedora does not really offer long term stability. Fedora is more
suited for the latest stable release every 6 months. Select it when
you want as close to the bleeding edge as possible while staying
stable.

Jeff