nginx update schedule

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:47:28 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 2:02 PM Vera, GustavoX <gustavox.vera at intel.com> wrote:

> Quick question: is there a schedule I can follow related to your version updates for the nginx package?

You can see Nginx versions supplied with Ubuntu releases by searching
packages at https://packages.ubuntu.com/.

But you may be interested in... Nginx is pretty easy to build from
sources. It has several dependencies - zLib, PCRE and OpenSSL. None of
them are difficult to build, and all of them are available from
Ubuntu, so you don't need to build them yourself.

The downside to Nginx is a non-standard configure program. Nginx does
not do things like most other packages. It also has a lot of options
so you will need to spend some time at
https://nginx.org/en/docs/configure.html.

Jeff