Package telegram-desktop in Ubuntu LTS

Nicholas Guriev guriev-ns at ya.ru
Mon Jan 3 06:33:47 UTC 2022

Dear Ubuntu Developers,

I would like to discuss a situation with the telegram-desktop package in
Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa). Our users is suffering problems with an
outdated version, 2.1.7, that is unable to connect to servers anymore.
More details see in bug description at <https://pad.lv/1942699>.

What is the point to have stable non-working versions? However, an
update which may fix this stuck in the upload queue since October.
And I do not understand what else can we do for progress of the SRU?