freecad packages for Ubuntu

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 31 18:30:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

[cutting out the Cc list since I don't know if they want this traffic]

FreeCAD 0.20.1 is available as a stable snap, and 0.21-g2b5452d1 is
available in edge. These are published officially by upstream.

You can install with:

"sudo snap install freecad"

...and then you'll have 0.20.1 available.

Backporting freecad to focal-backports is only going to benefit users
who insist on not using snaps. That's a limited crowd, and potentially a
lot of work for a developer to contribute depending on the availability
of required dependencies. Volunteers welcome.