gnutls plans for focal LTS?

John Cummings john at rootabega.net
Fri Oct 1 18:00:55 UTC 2021

Hello, does anyone know what the plans are for gnutls in Ubuntu 20.04.03 LTS (focal fossa)? It is currently at 3.6.13, and I don't see an update in focal-backports. The recent expiration of a root certificate used in older Let's Encrypt cert paths has triggered a problem in this version, which is fixed in 3.6.14. I see that this fix was backported to gnutls 3.5 in bionic:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnutls28/+bug/1928648

Are there (normally?) plans to add 3.6.14 to focal/focal-backports, or to backport this fix into a 3.6.13 update like was done for bionic?

Thank you!