autoinstall late-commands

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 14 16:05:25 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 9:25 AM Robie Basak <robie.basak at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 09:23:23AM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
>> > What is wrong with the two lines ???  Especially that we dont even get to
>> > to the autoinstall and break in "late-commands"... It kicks out autoinstall
>> > completely.
>>
>> Are you sure that's valid YAML? If in doubt, I suggest you quote as you
>> would JSON.
>
> Robie - Thanks - I guess I dont know - I thought you could just put a "linux" command on the line to execute.
> I dont know JSON - what "quoting" would you suggest?
>
> Jerry

I have a curtin example here:

https://github.com/rafaeldtinoco/provision/blob/master/examples/curtin.yaml

which I believe is the syntax for autoinstall you're looking for. Give early_commands (commands to the ramdisk OS) and late_commands (commands done to installed OS) sessions and it might help you, or give good directions.

cheers o/

-rafaeldtinoco