devices on 20.04 LTS

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 11 16:52:08 UTC 2021

On 10.1.2021 1.13, Jerry Geis wrote:
> When I run these commands:
>
>   lspci | grep VGA
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 605
> (rev 03)
>
> ubuntu-drivers devices >
> Nothing shows for devices.  This should be an Intel driver for X.
> Why is it not showing ?

It does the right thing since you're already using the driver which came
preinstalled with the system

> How do I ensure the Intel X11 driver is loaded ?
> I dont see /var/log/X anything

it's ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log these days, and you're already using
the supported driver which is called 'modesetting'... 'intel' is
deprecated and only used on old hw which don't work with modesetting.