snap home directory should be hidden

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 9 18:48:20 UTC 2020

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 10.06.2020, 02:14 +0800 schrieb Jesse Steele:

> it is a folder I can click into that I should never click into.

~/snap contains the per-application home directories...

i.e. if you disconnect the home interface for a snap that you do not
want to trust with access your personal files and data, the
~/snap/<snapname>/current directory becomes the only homedir the app
sees, where it stores its downloads, its data and so on ... so indeed
you should be able to see and browse this directory.

to hide he dir from nautilus you can do the following:

echo "snap" >~/.hidden

that will make the file manager not show it anymore (it is still
visible in the terminal though)

there is a bug open about the name/renaming/making it movable at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1575053

ciao
	oli