gambas3 3.14.3-2ubuntu3.1

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Tue Aug 11 07:15:17 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 3:59 AM Admin <admin at gambas.one> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you help me get the above package fixed. Installing *Gambas* results
> in a non functioning program. The problem seems to be that the list of
> files is incomplete.

Hi,
Due to the work for the bug report at [1] this actually works fine in the
coming 20.10 release without the massive listing of to-be-installed
packages.
Dependencies there are: gambas3 -> gambas3-ide -> gambas3-gb-form-print

With the package in Universe I'm not sure anyone is planning/working on an
SRU [2] for it, but the bug I linked should give you the right pointers if
you (or anyone else) want to do so.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gambas3/+bug/1876450
[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

> The command "*sudo apt-get -y install gambas3*" works but when you try to
> run the program it results in "*gbr3: unable to load component:
> gb.form.print*".
>
> The solution is to run the following command: -
>
> *sudo apt-get -y install gambas3 gambas3-gb-form-print
> gambas3-gb-gtk-opengl gambas3-gb-gtk3 gambas3-gb-gui-opengl
> gambas3-gb-gui-qt gambas3-gb-gui-qt-webkit gambas3-gb-gui-trayicon
> gambas3-gb-libxml gambas3-gb-option gambas3-gb-report gambas3-gb-sdl
> gambas3-gb-sdl-sound gambas3-gb-v4l gambas3-templates gambas3-gb-qt5 *
> *gambas3-gb-qt5-ext  **gambas3-gb-qt5**-opengl  **gambas3-gb-qt5-webkit*
>
> Gambas will now run.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Charlie Ogier
> Admin Gambas.One <https://www.gambas.one/>