Ubuntu 19.04 ".desktop" no longer working!?

Thomas Stadtmüller thomas.stadtmueller at gmx.de
Tue May 28 20:53:13 UTC 2019

Hi Gunnar,

guess I need to file a bug for the .desktop icon & launch issue ... will
take time.

Just FYI - if there is a newer version to (19.01.1-1) in -updates - it
hides pretty well as zero results after running all the various update
commands I did stumble across:

    [~$] sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt upgrade
    && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove
    [~$] sudo apt update
    *=> All packets are up to date*

    [~$] sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons
    gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons ist schon die neueste Version
    (19.01.1-1).
    0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht
    aktualisiert.

    *=> the latest version 19.01.1-1is already installed*

Thanks again!

Regards,

Thomas