Ubuntu 19.04 ".desktop" no longer working!?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Mon May 27 14:41:30 UTC 2019

http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2017/10/install-gnome-shell-extensions-on-ubuntu-artful.html
> I have made sure to run 'sudo apt-get install chrome-gnome-shell' and
> add and did run all the gnome-shell-extensions with desktop or icon in
> their names.

Artful.. I don't know to which extent those extensions apply in 19.04.
There *were* changes in 19.04, and the package I mentioned should be
installed as any other package, i.e.

sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons

(it does not exist in releases before 19.04)

If you find that that package was not already installed, I recommend
that you also do:

sudo apt install ubuntu-desktop

> Can you please replicate this on your side and, e.g. create a sym link
> on your desktop, change the icon in the property and confirm that is
> also changes the desktop view?
>
> If I wanted to report this behavior as a bug - what is the minimal
> information / process required?

Let's wait with that until you have tried the above.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj