First boot animation can't be muted

Simon Guilliams simon.guilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 14:31:23 UTC 2019

Hi

This is my first message to the mailing list.

I want to talk about the Ubuntu first boot animation (this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apx_HyxFqjA)

I am working full time in a *silent* openspace. I was installing ubuntu and
luckily I knew in advance that the animation would pop up with sound that
you can't mute.

So I brought my laptop outside by full sun just for the animation so I
don't disturb the other workers.

The animation is great... but really, the animation sound should at least
be mute-able! The volume keys on the keyboard are ignored and I feel this
is actually a bug. The animation is not skippable either.

I also have a thought for other users working in silent workspaces who
didn't knew about the unmuteable animation...

What do you think about it?
Is this ok for a bug report?

subscription may take hours and I'm not in it yet.

Cheers,
Simon