smartmontools package requirements

Zack Coffey clickwir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:10:02 UTC 2019

sudo apt install smartmontools
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
 guile-2.0-libs libgc1c2 libgsasl7 libkyotocabinet16v5 libmailutils5
libntlm0 mailutils mailutils-common postfix
Suggested packages:
 mailutils-mh mailutils-doc procmail postfix-mysql postfix-pgsql
postfix-ldap postfix-pcre postfix-lmdb postfix-sqlite sasl2-bin
 dovecot-common resolvconf postfix-cdb postfix-doc gsmartcontrol
smart-notifier
 guile-2.0-libs libgc1c2 libgsasl7 libkyotocabinet16v5 libmailutils5
libntlm0 mailutils mailutils-common postfix smartmontools
0 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,206 kB of archives.
After this operation, 24.9 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]y

I guess so. Just wanted to install smartmontools and, by default, came with
a bunch of other things that aren't needed.