Request for bison refresh

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 13 16:41:29 UTC 2019

Hi Eric,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 08:06:25AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> This is a nudge about the Bison package in bionic.  The NTPsec project
> (which I lead) needs a warning suppression that made it into Bison
> 3.0.5.  Bionic presently packages 3.0.4. Upgrade please?

This depends on someone volunteering to drive the update in Ubuntu. The
full requirements and procedure are documented here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

In essence we need a patch that includes the necessary packaging
changes, and the required care and attention (testing, etc) to minimise
regression risk. This is assuming that the upstream changes meet our
stable release update policy.

If after reading that you still have questions, this is the right place
to ask.

HTH,

Robie