Consider switching to systemd-coredump for default kernel core dumps

Prasanna V. Loganathar pvl at prasannavl.com
Mon Feb 11 10:06:56 UTC 2019

Also, one can ask simply ask the corollary - why not just leave the dump
files as it is, like how RedHat does? To some, like myself it's invaluable
in some situations, to some others - indifference, and to some other who
don't like it (I can't really think of a reason why other than it taking up
space) - they can always optionally prevent these dumps.

So, swallowing it just makes no sense on in any context to me.