biosdevname package in Universe is severely downlevel

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 24 22:25:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 09:17:54PM +0100, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> Imho it should be removed from the archive, and not be made available at all.

As long as we are shipping it though, isn't it reasonable to allow
volunteers to keep it up to date? Same for stable releases where it did
ship - our hardware enablement SRU policy applies to it, surely? I don't
think it is appropriate to retroactively pull support for something that
we already shipped. I also don't agree with marking the bug Won't Fix.
If the package is to be removed, then we should get it removed, but
until then, and for previous stable releases still in support, bugs
against them are valid.

Trusty and ESM would be a separate matter. My understanding is that
regular SRUs stop when ESM begins, which if accurate would mean no
change against user expectations from when those releases first shipped.