Right way to submit patches for Ubuntu packages

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 12 23:07:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 22:26, Jonathan Behrens <fintelia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to get a two line patch merged for `gdb-multiarch`. Debian accepted it almost right away, but subsequent releases for Ubuntu haven't included it. About a month ago I tried submitting directly on Launchpad but that has seemingly been ignored as well. Have I submitted the patch incorrectly? Or is there some reason that it shouldn't be merged?

Ubuntu normally merges packaging changes from Debian continuously
whilst the development is open up to the Debian Import Freeze /
Feature Freeze. Which for the Disco Dingo release was on 21st of
February.
I think your patch was uploaded into debian on the 22nd of February.
And whilst we do fix, merge and upload things post Feature Freeze it's
progressively more conservative / higher priority things.
I am afraid, that bugfix, possibly missed the 19.04 cycle by a day, effectively.
Once we open EE cycle for development, I'm sure it will be merged into
Ubuntu then =/

Sorry about that.

--
Regards,