gnome-commander package is very, very old

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 3 17:15:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 04:51:45PM +0000, kht-lists wrote:
> The gnome-commander package in the bionic universe repo is version 1.4.8.  The current version of the program is 1.10.0. The version was released a few days ago.  I have compiled it on Ubuntu Mate 18.04 with no issues. How do I get this program packaged and added to the universe repo?

Please start by reading https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates.

It looks like gnome-commander is no longer packaged in Debian[1], so
you're quite a long way from being able to get a newer version of the
package in the official apt repositories at all.

You might consider snapping it instead. See https://snapcraft.io/ for
details.

Hope that helps,

Robie