gcc-7.3.0-18

Bob McChesney bmcchesney at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:07:06 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm just trying to learn the process by which updates from Debian are
brought into Ubuntu. gcc-7.3.0-16ubuntu3 currently has an issue which is
stopping afl from being built correctly, and it's been fixed upstream in
Debian gcc-7.3.0-18. It's only reached unstable so far.

Does it need to reach testing before this will be taken into Ubuntu
18.04? Also, do I need to raise an issue regarding this so that an
update will happen, or will updates be absorbed regardless?

Also, what's the general time for updates from Debian to Ubuntu?

Best regards,
Bob