Samba CVE-2018-1057

Michael Hall mhall119 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:55:58 UTC 2018

Hi James,

The latest package for xenial appears to be
4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.16.04.13, which means it uses the original
upstream 4.3.11 sources *plus* patches from Ubuntu. This is standard
practice for Ubuntu release, where you don't get upgraded to new
versions of your packages, but you do get security fixes applied to
them.

You can download the Ubuntu packaging source here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/samba_4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.16.04.13.debian.tar.xz

In that, under the /debian/patches/ directory, you will see the patches
that fix CVE-2018-1057.
--
Michael Hall
mhall119 at gmail.com