apache2 update for semi-critical "optionsbleed" bug

Thomas Ward teward at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 20 23:18:55 UTC 2017

You won't see an update to 2.4.28 I bet.  Instead, you'll see a patched
version of the package uploaded which contains the fix for the CVE -
this is typically what is done to update packages in older releases for
security fixes, by the Security Team.

Refer to the CVE tracker -
https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2017/CVE-2017-9798.html
- this details what versions are fixed, which are pending upload, etc. -
normally we (that is, Ubuntu and the Security Team, of which I am not a
part) don't upgrade Apache in all releases to a newer version; we patch
them instead.

Thomas
Ubuntu Server Team Member
Launchpad: ~teward