Empathy to Hangouts connection URL?

thomas castleman thomas.castleman2019 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:37:19 UTC 2017

Good Afternoon,

My name is Thomas Castleman and I am an Ubuntu user of your application:
Empathy. I am in the middle of trying to write a script that runs on
start-up and checks my internet connection, if the connection is good, it
launches Empathy, if not, it shows an error.

I was wondering if you could provide me with the URL, or somewhere to find
it, that Empathy connects to so that a user can use Hangouts? My school
blocks Empathy from functioning because it blocks it from connecting to
this URL and I was wanting my script to check it so that if it detects that
it can't connect, Empathy won't bother launching.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Thomas Castleman