Fwd: Re: It is time to use MATE DE as default desktop on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
vbeggi at interfree.it
Sun Nov 5 20:20:16 UTC 2017
-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: Re: It is time to use MATE DE as default desktop on Ubuntu
Data: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 21:01:55 +0100
Mittente: Vittorio <vbeggi at interfree.it>
Rispondi-a: vbeggi at interfree.it
A: Nrbrtx <nrbrtx at gmail.com>
As far as this is a very good suggestion, I strongly believe that it is
very unlikely to happen.
Actually, the common steps for innovating things, among the Linux
developers, seems to have become:
1) find a good working feature
2) disable and change it into something totally new and possibly not
working any more
3) completely ignore users issues to "please revert back beacuse we need
4) make problems disappear by magically changing them into nightmares
("Nightmare" is morphologically different from "Problem")
5) accurately hiding existing documentation or make sure it can be found
only searching through several (possibily many a lot of) sources....
6) and then.. telling users that, if they don't cope with the bugs, they
can obviously fix them by themselves.
mailto: vbeggi at interfree.it
Il 22/10/2017 13:17, Nrbrtx ha scritto:
> Therefore, I seriously suggest to consider the possibility of using
> the MATE DE by default in the version of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Desktop. You
> can even include its dock by default using the Mutiny template.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-devel-discuss