Artful: Inkscape depending old libgtkmm & libgdkmm

Frans van Berckel fberckel at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 22 09:18:31 UTC 2017

Hi Robie,

The good news first ...

$ ldd /usr/bin/inkscape | grep gtkmm

libgtkmm-2.4.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtkmm-2.4.so.1
(0x00007f2a46598000)

And firring-up inkscape does what it got to do.

On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 09:56 +0100, Robie Basak wrote:

> Difficult to know. But I've not seen this kind of thing happen except
> through filesystem corruption. dpkg is pretty excessively paranoid
> about writing files to disk, and I don't recall any package manager
> bug that made it think a file is installed when it isn't.

> I think it's more likely this situation is caused by a hardware
> problem, messed up RAID, or use of experimental filesystem stuff, for
> example.

It a simple Gnome Desktop install on indeed RAID. So lets have a extra
pair of eye's on that the coming days ;-)

> Or could you have accidentally deleted the files when doing this as
> root, or letting other third party scripts run as root?

Doing a lot as root, true. So it isn't root but me. I do not delete any
library, ever. For what i know, not downloaded any third party script.

Thanks for finding out.

Frans van Berckel