Artful: Inkscape depending old libgtkmm & libgdkmm

Frans van Berckel fberckel at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 22 08:15:43 UTC 2017

Hi Robie,

Okay, let us see where the deferences are in ...

On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 08:43 +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> Hi Frans,
>
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:48:32AM +0200, Frans van Berckel wrote:
> > I installed on Ubuntu Artful the Inkscape package. If I wanne start
> > it from the prompt, it does dependencies error's ...
>
> I'm running Artful and have no such problem:
>
> $ dpkg-query -W inkscape
> inkscape	0.92.1-1

It's the same here ...

> $ ls /usr/bin/inkscape |grep 'not found'

So my inkscape is calling for missing dependencies.

> $ md5sum /usr/bin/inkscape
> 262aa5006cbde31eff93eab583abf32f  /usr/bin/inkscape

It's the same here ...

> Running inkscape from the command line just works.

You know what mine does. Running it on dependencies ...

$ dpkg-query -W libgtkmm*

libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a
libgtkmm-2.4-1v5:amd64	1:2.24.5-1
libgtkmm-3.0-1
libgtkmm-3.0-1v5:amd64	3.22.1-1

> Have you confirmed that this isn't a misconfiguration or corruption
> on your system?

I just installed inkscape by yesterday. Not confirmed yet, how am i
gonna find this out?

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel