Ubuntu Desktop Favorite Apps

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 22 00:39:01 UTC 2017

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 17:26:47 +0200, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
>We're seeking your input on your favorite apps for the Linux desktop.

Hi,

it would be nice, if a team with the skills and the time to do so, would
fix, IOW rewrite the discontinued ROXTerm. As far as I know, there's no
terminal available, that could compare to ROXTerm. I at least couldn't
find a replacement, even for a Linux install (not an Ubuntu flavour),
where it already is seriously broken, I'm not using another terminal.

IMO the terminal should always remain the most important part for a
Linux desktop environment. FWIW if I e.g. use a file manager, instead
of the terminal, something that happens very seldom, I chose SpaceFM,
because it allows to easily include tools by user specific scripts,
doesn't depend on crappy things such as gvfs and has several more
advantages compared to what is provided by all those desktop
environments.

Apart from this I prefer apps with a classic menu bar over comparable
apps, where it is entirely dropped.

Regards,
Ralf

--