My opinion on Ubuntu cancelling Intel 80386/80386-clone processor support

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 11 17:30:19 UTC 2016

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 12:52:14 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>do you really think that this is the best use of ubuntu-devel-discuss@?

Does somebody need 32 bit support?

Neither it was me who opened this thread, nor do I need 32 bit support
myself. There were just flimsy excuses for dropping 32 bit support,
resp. how to still get 32 bit packages without an ISO and I argue
against those contradictions. It wasn't even me who started this
discussion about poor regions on this planet.

However, if we care about poor regions on this planet, then such a
discussion is required.

Regards,
Ralf