My opinion on Ubuntu cancelling Intel 80386/80386-clone processor support

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Wed Sep 7 13:32:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 7 September 2016 at 12:17, Simos Xenitellis
<simos.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The mechanical harddisk should be a PATA (that is, IDE and not SATA),
> meaning that it is not replaceable with a new disk; PATA disks are not
> manufactured any more.

A minor point, but there's a company called Kingspec who sell new PATA
SSDs, still.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingspec-128GB-Solid-Notebook-Laptop/dp/B00HWOYY72

Good for bringing a speed boost, and life to older computers. I know a
few people who use them, and swear by them.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope at canonical.com
http://ubuntu.com/