Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts handling compared to other distributions

Muhammad Gelbana m.gelbana at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:05:19 UTC 2016

I noticed that Ubuntu handles keyboard shortcuts cleverly by listening on
keyboard on-release events, not on-pressed.

This allows handling overlapping keyboard shortcuts properly.

But numerous other distributions doesn't do the same ! Among the
distributions I tested, only Ubuntu and Ubuntu based distributions listen
to on-release keyboard events.

My questions is (and hopefully the answer is easy for me to apply) how can
I apply the same behavior to other distributions ? Debian based and not ?

Thank you in advance for your time.