Future and impact of ongoing projects in Linux world

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Wed Oct 5 14:30:54 UTC 2016

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 05-10-2016 15:31:

> Not to mention that there at least is one daemon that should run with
> user privileges
> only:http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/jackd.1.html

Jackd sounds very good but it probably won't be installable *by* a user
ever even if you did so, and possibly you could, if you did it manually.
Regardless *one* counter example only shows the great lack (dearth) of
these things.

It doesn't demonstrate abundance, quote the opposite.

>> simply because nobody had the balls yet to switch a system
>> completely
>> to systemd.mount units i guess, but also because it is a security
>> nightmare to allow people to randomly mount/umount system disks
>
> That's why I mentioned privileges. It's possible to mount all
> available devices by fstab, but only to grant privileges per user, let
> alone that some people don't use fstab at all on systemd installs.

So what do they use instead?