Σχετ: canonical livepatch

kallinikos Evangelopoulos kallinikos2000 at yahoo.gr
Sat Nov 5 07:55:06 UTC 2016

Thank you very much Dimitri, I think that settles things. Make the chance, thanks to everyone that helped me with this problem of mine.
Best regards,
Kall

    Στις 3:11 μ.μ. Παρασκευή, 4 Νοεμβρίου 2016, ο/η Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox at ubuntu.com> έγραψε:

 On 4 November 2016 at 12:44, kallinikos Evangelopoulos
<kallinikos2000 at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> Thanks very much for the answer. I just checked again, this time with
> --verbose and a reboot, as you suggest, and I got this:
>
> kernel: 4.4.0-45.66-generic
>  running: true
>  livepatch:
>    state: nothing-to-apply
>    version: ""
>    fixes: ""
>
> So, it does seem fine, except for the version again, which appears nowhere,
> unlike everyother instance I managed to see, even yours. Are you sure this
> does not pose a problem? It is strange, isn't it?

That doesn't seem strange to me. The version string should be that of
the livepatch kernel module to apply. Currently, there are no
livepatches applied or available to be applied, and hence the version
string is empty.
Note that multiple livepatch versions can be applied against a given
kernel. So, for example, if I don't reboot my machine, and there are
further livepatches released for my currently running kernel then my
version string will keep incrementing whilst the kernel version will
stay the same.

Does above make sense at all?

/me is very new to using livepatches too

Regards,

Dimitri.

--
Regards,