Updating lirc to upstream

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:30:34 UTC 2016

On 24/05/16 16:23, Anton Balashov wrote:
> Hello, Alec.
> Thank you for your contribution.
> IMHO, you should send similar email to debian community. They should
> be flexible enough to solve the issue with missing maintainer. That's
> would be right way.
> Thank you again.

I have done that, many of them, and eventually submitted a RHS for my
package. I have also a debian sponsor. Nevertheless, after almost a year
both my sponsor and I have concluded that the debian community isn't
flexible enough to handle the (almost) missing maintainer. So this
message is about what's possible in Ubuntu in this situation. Do I
understand your position as that nothing is really possible, this should
be done in debian or not at all?

Discussion is moved to  ubuntu-devel-discuss.

Cheers!

-alec