warzone as snap package

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Sat May 21 15:49:48 UTC 2016

El lunes, 16 de mayo de 2016 07h'04:48 PDT, h3r0.c0d3x at googlemail.com
escribió:
> Hi folks
>
> This mailing list is stated as the maintainer for the deb package
> "warzone" (strategy game) in the repos. That is why I talk about the
> issue here and not in the snap package mailing list. Maybe it would be
> necessary to coordinate or synchronize with that list if someone will
> act on this suggestion.
>
> The issue itself is simple: Wouldn't warzone be a good candidate for a
> snap package?

Given the reasons you provide below, yes. For what it's worth snaps and
debs coexist just fine so working on snapping this up should be just fine.

> The warzone release the deb package delivers is usually not the latest.
> People with other versions can't play the game together. Example: A
> windows user visits the warzone website and downloads the game. He gets
> the latest release. Now he wants to connect to an ubuntu user but he
> will get a message that the versions are not identical and that they are
> incompatibe. They can't play together without installing the same
> warzone version.
>
> A warzone snap package could easily be updated to the latest release or
> to the same release that other players use and the problem fades away.
>
> And maybe this would be the right time to consider creating package for
> flaME (the warzone map editor), too, which is missing yet.
>
> Some links that might help building flaME on linux. It seems to be a
> .Net application and it looks like it works with mono (but I am not an
> expert on this):
> https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLAME/FlaME
> https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLAME/FlaME+on+Linux
> https://github.com/flail/flaME/tree/1.29/FlaME
> http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?t=5309&f=5
>
> What do you think about snappy warzone?

I think you should post any questions to snapcraft at lists.ubuntu.com and we
can help you getting started there.

--
Enviado con Dekko desde mi dispositivo Ubuntu