Ubuntu Tablet

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed May 11 23:08:57 UTC 2016

hi,

On Mi, 2016-05-11 at 16:55 -0500, Dale Amon wrote:

> I did some reading about 'dogfood', ie someone who described living
> with
> Unity, and they suggested this was needed:
>
>  root at ubuntu-phablet:/var/log# initctl --session start libertine-lxc-
> manager
>  initctl: Unable to connect to session bus: Unable to autolaunch a
> dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
>
> but that implies I am still missing something.

not sure whose blog you followed but you definitely do not need to
install anything, the tablet has all bits you need pre-installed ...

the only thing that is needed on a virgin untouched ubuntu tablet to
run X11 apps is following the [1] document, it is a step by step guide
many people from the ubuntu-phone mailing list (where you would get a
*lot* more help than on this list where the tablet is rather off topic)
followed already ...

make sure to have your tablet in virgin state (not made writable, not
messed around with the readonly rootfs), attach and mount your external
disk and follow [2] step by step to set up your development env on it,
build your gnustep deb then follow [1] step by step to run it and be
done ...

lets pretty please take this topic to the ubuntu-phone list, we are
producing a lot of noise here ...

ciao
	oli

[1]  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yJepibh68YaQijWO3Z3dWTtTTmzXnM
mEE8eswhUXzw4/edit?pref=2&pli=1

[2]  http://askubuntu.com/questions/620740/recommended-way-to-install-r
egularcli-deb-packages-on-ubuntu-phone/623311#623311