Ubuntu Tablet

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Wed May 11 20:06:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 05:54:01PM -0500, Dale Amon wrote:
> Sounds like some more complications... but it looks like I
> have things worked out. I just have to pick up a spare USB
> hub after work to get the 1TB disk attached to the Aquarius M10.
>
> As for getting packages properly installed, it looks like this
> will work fine and get me the correct packages when run on
> the notepad via my ssh connection like this or something similar
> (ie I might need another switch parameter):
>
> 	apt-get download <package>
> 	dpkg -i <package> --root=/home/dev/
>
> I've already got gcc to download on the notepad this way,
> but I am not going to install it until I get the big
> disk attached.

I got a 1TB disk attached and set up my development area there;
as it turned out the 1.1GB on the tablet was more than sufficient
to allow for a gcc and gnustep install of libraries and includes.

I've successfully built my applications natively. All that remains
is to beat the issue with the lack of an X for the GUI to attach
to.

Dale Amon
Sr. Engineer
XCOR Aerospace