Ubuntu Notepad

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Fri May 6 20:24:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 10:13:28PM +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> the phones (and tablets) actually use a rolling release model, the system
> image gets updated every 6 weeks on a fixed schedule and is still based on
> 15.04 (not the LTS) using a separate archive into which important bits get
> backported from newer releases.

That could cause me problems. I had better stay clear of dselect
(my old familiar tool) entirely since it has a tendency to suck
in more than an apt-get.

I will have to cross my fingers that I can get a full objc, GNUStep
and debian package building tools set without getting into trouble.

Also, I had not noticed it was based on an older version. That
might mean I will need to pull in the GNUstep sources and build
my own as there are release critical (for my needs) bugs that have
only recently been fixed.

Nothing is ever quite as straightforward as one would like with
software. Perhaps that is why AI's will never take over the world.
They'll need to keep us humans around to reboot them.

Dale Amon
Sr. Engineer
XCOR Aerospace