Ubuntu Notepad

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Thu May 5 21:32:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 04:35:11PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 10:30:52AM -0500, Dale Amon wrote:
> > And just a question... you are saying phone. This is the new
> > Ubuntu Notepad, not a phone.
>
> Sorry, I didn't notice that. I believe it should work the same as the
> phone, but I'm not sure.

> may be relevant to you, even if the name isn't accurate any more. I'm
> not aware of a more specific list for your needs.
>
> HTH,
>
> Robie

I've succeeded, although one of the items I did was not in the
docs I ran across. Once I got the terminal installed and got a
sudo bash shell, I found that I had to:

	mount -o remount,rw /

to be able to modify files. With that accomplished, I have been
able to do pretty much whatever I want. Probably tomorrow I
will port over some of my data display software, compile it
under the local gcc (I presume this is an ARM processor) and
have a go at live data on the screen.

Thanks for the assistance.

Ad Astra,
Dale Amon