suggest policy: all GUI apps that display files/folders right-click copies full path

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Mon Mar 28 23:31:59 UTC 2016

Colin Law schreef op 28-03-2016 18:38:
> Are these not issues for upstream Nautilus developers to consider
> rather than Ubuntu?

The point is really that if people "downstream" *care* their voice
becomes stronger 'upstream'.

If a number of people downstream say "hey, yes this is a great idea" it
is no longer one single person trying to knock at the upstream door. Now
it is an important downstream user (like, a part of, or, the entire
Ubuntu thing) that tries to make a voice be heard, and this kinda
changes things.

If downstream pulls its hands off of the idea, upstream is not really
going to be interested in it either. So that is a very non-functional
way to approach things, it is like destroying the bridges you have
before you even cross them.

Regards.