Xenial freeze if I plug a second monitor

Gérard BIGOT gerard.bigot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:16:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

I get the same behaviour here. Xenial uptodate. Dell Latitude E6230. Dock
station, with two screen HP LP2065.

If I boot the laptop on the dock, it freezes on login screen.

I use full disk LUKS, I can enter LUKS Password.

It's a hard freeze, no console access (ctrl+alt+fx doesn't switch).  I get
just the underscore line of a prompt, not blinking. I never tried if I
could ssh in.

If boot outside dock (LUKS+lightdm password) , I can dock the laptop after
boot, the screens light up , and I can start working.

It's a new behaviour of the two last kernels, I guess. Before I could boot
docked, but I had two use unity-control-center/display in order to sort
screens out.

Gerard.