Yagf

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 6 14:38:42 UTC 2016

Hi David,

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 02:59:37PM +1300, dboyd wrote:
> I am using a AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics × 2, and 64 bit
> processor and have all the latest updates for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS loaded.
>
> Over the last two years each time I update to the latest version of Yagf
> (0.9.2.1-1) It freezes when I try scan and to OCR. So I keep reverting back
> to Yagf 0.9.2-2 which works perfectly. Why does the Ubuntu recommended
> update fail to work? I have installed all the latest dependencies and still
> Yagf 0.9.2.1-1 will not work.

It looks like 14.04 shipped yagf version 0.9.2.1-1. 0.9.2-2 did ship
during development but was superseded before the 14.04 release.

So it seems that the behaviour you're seeing is a bug in 14.04 that was
caused by a regression during 14.04's development, rather than a
recommended update failing to work. Do any of the bugs listed at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yagf describe your problem? If
not, please file a new bug. It will be helpful to note that 0.9.2-2 does
work, and to report if yagf works for you in a newer Ubuntu release. See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs for more help on this.

Please note that yagf is in the universe component in Ubuntu, so we
depend on community volunteers to help get bugs fixed. If someone can
help identify and drive a patch, that person can request sponsorship[1]
to get the fix landed, with reference to the SRU procedure[2] for fixes
landing in stable releases.

Hope that helps,

Robie

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess