The Simple Things in Life

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu Jul 21 14:27:57 UTC 2016

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 21-07-2016 15:44:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:14:28 +0200, Xen wrote:
>> You can't change installed PCI devices on the fly
>
> No, I need to turn of the computer and after removing or mounting a
> sound card, I need to boot the Linux install. However, I only have one
> network device, the mobo's on-board device and enp?s0 has not always
> the
> same number.

Inserting another device (such as some serial port controller) in a slot
before the soundcard will also change the address of the soundcard, and
it will "ruin" the sound configuration you had (at least in KDE) because
it will deactivate (but not remove) your older registered devices and it
will not find that they are actually the same.