The Simple Things in Life

Jason Benjamin hexusnexus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:46:54 UTC 2016

I like John's idea too, but I also don't like the simple appearance of
a system thrown together so extemporaneously that a simple "power user"
could fix the bugs.  The hibernation is what really makes me irritated
by Ubuntu.  I know, I read some posts from Linux Torvalds on the
subject.  However it looks as simple to solve as reactivating the
devices after restoring the memory.  I know that my laptop even though
it's probably not supported hangs when restoring the display.  This
could be because the splash screen is shown discounting the
reactivation of the devices.  I don't have a desktop right now, but
whenever my laptop is unplugged in the hibernation situation, that's
when it has problems.  Otherwise it works fine, which could explain why
the laptops are not usually supported.

This is so far the only Linux operating system I know of that has
dedicated computer hardware with it preinstalled (though I could be
proven wrong), so it would be great if the outside was as good as the
inside.