Fix for "python-mysqldb" bug

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 29 16:13:41 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

Please keep the list in Cc so that others can benefit from this
conversation as well. I've re-added it.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:26:02PM -0330, Chris Ringrose wrote:
> I also found a well known bug that exists in Python mysqldb that was also crashing my Ubuntu system. My research revealed that this was fixed in official releases over a year ago, yet Ubuntu is still on the old build that has this bug! Any suggestions for that?

It sounds like for this one the process is largely the same, except that
you have answered some of the questions already. Make sure a bug exists
in Launchpad for the issue, and then follow
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure.

Robie